Introduced major subjectsMajor Subjects
Startup and Technology Commercialization Subjects
- Experiential Entrepreneurship & Tech Commercialization
- This course is to experience technology commercialization and develop the ability to discover and obtain business value from technologies. Students from diverse backgrounds, such as natural science, engineering, management, humanities, will work on projects in groups.
- Entrepreneurial Finance
- This course focuses on the financial problems of start-ups and ventures, and will discuss pros and cons of the various financial options available to these companies. In particular, bootstrapping, crowdfunding, government grants and loans, commercial banks, angel investing, DPOs, venture capital, venture banking, and small IPOs will be discussed.
- Entrepreneurial Sales & Marketing
- Students learn about key entrepreneurial marketing concepts and methods and discuss their real world applications in entrepreneurship. It begins with students picking an entrepreneurial venture for which to develop an operational marketing plan.
- Growth Strategies for New Ventures
- This course focuses on the problems that new venture companies face during their growth stages. Topics will cover company life cycle, growth theories,growth strategy, the role of management, organizational structure, business model innovation, franchise growth strategy, and marketing and finance strategy for growth.
- Operations for Entrepreneurs
- This course will analyze specific problems that resource constraint ventures face in building operational strategies and systems.
- Pursuing Entrepreneurship within Existing Firms
- The object of this course is to understand the process of generating a new line of businesses and products in the existing company. Several types of in-house venturing activities as well as venture capital investment, licensing, alliances, joint ventures, and a variety of collaborations will be discussed. Organizational structure and culture that help manage in-house ventures are included as well.